This assignment was written by Jessica Ainsworth-Truong for use in post-secondary education. This assignment is not to be used by others without written consent.
To create a plan and front elevation of a beach house in San Diego according to the principles of Five Points Towards a New Architecture by Le Corbusier and Pierre Jeanneret, 1926. This text will be explained in class.
Requirements for the sketch:
- Read attached version of Le Corbusier’s Five Points Towards an Architecture. Highlight information that you will be using to inform your design.
- Develop a plan and elevation of a beach house in San Diego, California based on this text.
- The beach house must be under 800 sq. ft. and include only a living/dining area, kitchen, full bath and bedroom. This does not include a garage or outside terraces.
- The plan and elevation must express the following ideas of Le Corbusier
- Pilotis or supports
- Roof gardens
- Free design of plan
- The horizontal window
- Free design of the facade
- Drawings must be executed in ¼” = 1’0” scale. Color is acceptable, but not mandatory. Please have drawings on a sheet(s) that are approximately 8”x10”.
- Your drawing can be freehand or drafted, please choose the method that best illustrates your intent. CAD is acceptable.