- Develop a creative and viable restaurant to constructability
- Demonstrate creative thinking and originality
- Prepare clear and competent working drawings
- Communicate intent
- Illustrate systems that support the interior environment
The working drawing set is your opportunity to finalize your restaurant concept for construction. This will be a selected set of working drawings to communicate the building’s intent and ability to be constructed.
Drawings to be included:
- Title sheet
- Construction Plan min. 1/8” = 1’0
- Finish Plan min 1/8” = 1’0
- Furniture Plan min. 1/8” = 1’0
- RCP w/ lighting, HVAC, and audio min 1/8” = 1’0
- Elevations min ¼” = 1’0
- Host station
- Bar – from patron’s perspective
- Bar – from bartender’s perspective
- Back Bar
- All major walls within the dining room – will vary per student and be determined by student and instructor
- Restroom – showing sink
- Restroom – showing toilet
- Details – scale appropriately
- You will need to select three (3) items/areas within your plan to detail fully. This may include larger scale plans, sections, elevations, and construction details. Suggested items/areas may be the bar, wait station, built in seating, custom wall features, molding, ceiling changes, floor patterns, etc.
- Finish schedule
- Furniture Schedule
- Lighting Schedule
Remember, you are showing the contractor(s) how the restaurant is to be built. The set needs to be clear, concise, and direct.
Your drawings will be kept for CIDA accreditation. We will schedule a meeting with your instructor for week 01 of the following quarter to go over the working drawings so you are aware of successes and changes that would need to occur.
- Completion of all required elements
- Level of development
- Ability to communicate through drawing (line weight, referencing, notation, etc.)
- Care of craft