The course description and competencies are provided by the Art Institute International Minnesota. The course must follow the description and students must demonstrate completion of all competencies.
Study of the material and fabrication techniques involved in the design and construction of basic interior details and how these details are communicated in the documents package. Content includes detailing of cabinetry, ceiling, walls, floors and millwork.
- Develop workable interior details which meet building codes and manufacturers’ specifications
- Detail cabinetry and free standing furniture and make appropriate hardware selections
- Produce a set of details for kitchen and bath
- Assess the quality of detailing as it relates to interior architectural woodwork, cabinetry, and detailing
- Use axonometric drawings as a means of communicating custom detailing
- Research sources and maintain a file of details from literature and actual projects